February 5, 2014
All my ducks are in a row now with top surgery with Dr. Fischer: all my pre-op appointments (cardiology check-up; paperwork / pre-op appointment with Shannon; primary doc pre-op check-up plus blood work) are scheduled for March.
Only 7 weeks and 2 days to go!
The things left to do to prepare for top surgery are:
- gently stretch my stiff back and chest muscles that are still sore from heart surgery
- take vitamins / avoid sick people / sleep as much & as well as I can / eat & drink things that boost immunity
- taper off most of my meds
- talk with Shannon about pain meds
- check otc meds from heart surgery and see if they’re still good
- get whatever first aid stuff I need (gloves, medical tape, gauze, bandages, medical scissors, scar treatment, etc.)
- buy more button-down shirts & another zip-up hoodie
- reinstall the detachable shower head thing in my shower & make sure it doesn’t leak
- figure out who’s taking care of me post-op (my dad & maybe one other person?)
- (no subject)